How many times have you needed to collect information? I can think of several cases just in one school year where someone needed to collect information from several people:
- Updating teacher contact info (so the principal could keep up to date)
- Yearly school 5K race – sign up sheets were a mess! Students didn’t fill them out completely, then they had to be alphabetized, then sorted and compared to be sure everyone had paid properly… so much time could have been saved!
- Feedback / evaluations – Twice yearly my school participated in evaluations. Students evaluated teachers and teachers evaluated the coordinators/principals. Then everyone sat down with their immediate supervisor to review the results, and see what lessons could be gleaned.
Google Forms is great for this because of several useful features:
- Everything in one place – all the information collected is neatly organized into one spreadsheet where it can be sorted as needed, or printed, if you’re into that
- Required questions – No more incomplete forms, and time wasted seeking out the person to get the missing information
- Results are instantly tallied into charts (for multiple choice questions), and summaries for easy overall review
I love, love, love using Google Drive in my day-to-day, and with students. Interested in learning more about these great tools? I’m now offering this mini-course on G Suite. Check it out!